- Select a passage in the document you wish to comment on (press the left mouse button, hold while drawing a selection area, and let go).
- Creating a message without a link to a passage in the text can be done with the option 'New Comment' above the discussion area.
- Click on the number or title of the message and it will automatically fold out. In the document on the right, the linked passage will be selected by a red line.
- One may also click on a certain selection in the document, and the corresponding comment will be selected by a red line in the discussion on the left.
- Using the option 'fold out' below the discussion area will show the content of all messages and their replies.
Replying to comments:
- Click on 'reply' at the right side of the subject of the message you wish to reply to.
- Click 'print' below the discussion area to print all messages and their selected passages in the document.
NB. For this to work, your browser needs to have 'Print backgroundimages' turned on! To do this in IE: Go to 'Extra' > 'Internetoptions' > Tab 'Advanced'.